Tuesday, September 8, 2009

today

Yesterday's blog was kind of funky & deep. That's where I was at. Today, I was just angry. I was sad & tired too, but mostly angry. Not out of control rage like angry, but just really, really ticked off.

Even still, God cannot cease to blow me away in these few short days. I got home and checked my face book tonight and had 2 messages, one from a girl I've known most of my life and another from a guy I met once. Both had incredible words of healing & love & encouragement in them. The words from my lifelong friend included:

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. So wait upon the Lord. Choose to wait upon the Lord. Strength will come."

She's absolutely right. Strength does come as we wait upon the Lord. But waiting upon the Lord is a choice. Everything on earth pales in comparison to knowing & following Jesus. This pain is fleeting but the plans the Lord has for us are for eternity. My hope and encouragement are found in that. Man, God is good! ;)

Let it be.

No comments: