Monday, September 7, 2009

done, now go

I'm done with the hope that is born with love. At least for me; for in my life there no longer exists the hope for love.

I am not done with hope for others, however. Love may come to many people, of all shapes, sizes, colors, races, decrees & so forth. Hope may be established for the poor, the down-trodden, the rich & famous.

For me hope exists in Africa. For others, it may exist in their backyard or their city, or their nation. I believe in hope for Africa. That's something I can believe in, but not for love for myself. As long as I am living the life God has called me to and made me for, that's all I can put my hope & love & trust in: in God alone to use me how he desires. That is where true love is found. Not in any man's arms, not in his sweet kisses or handsome smile. All of those will pass; but God's hope & love stands firm forever.

And in this girl's case, God's hope & love is leading her back to Africa, to the only home where she ever felt exactly in the middle of God's purpose; as if he had made her exactly for that adventurous, tumultuous, dangerous, beautiful life.

Men come, and always go. Love is fleeting. Hope wavers from time to time. God never changes. Africa is in need and I am called.

Amen.

1 comment:

Mama Oasis said...

I understand what you are saying and in fact, could have written these exact words myself, many times.
It is difficult to know right now...but, God has a plan for all of this and when you are further down the road...you will look back with gratitude and say "Ohhhhhh...now I get it." In the meantime....Africa is a wonderful place to heal a heart....